Amplifying our Voices to Advocate for Change
Join hands with us and take a stand
ISPCAN is a global membership organization for anyone working or interested in the protection of child rights. Wherever children live, learn and play under the care of adults are opportunities for intervention and prevention. We equip multidisciplinary professionals with tools and resources to build better systems of care, improving quality of life for children in every region of the world.
Together with our members and partners we advocate for change to :
- Raise awareness about child rights
- Increase and Improve Data and evidence on child protection issues
- Improve Policies and laws
- Fund public health programs as priorities
- Improve collaboration across sectors
- Prevent child abuse through health education
Guidelines for Public Statements on Behalf of ISPCAN
• Using a strong, powerful, and direct language to communicate what specifically is taking place • Outline the specific impact of the event or situation to tell the reader why they should care. • Outline the outcome if action is not taken • Communicate the magnitude of the situation – how this further impacts other regions, groups, the rights of others, the UN Conventions on the rights of the Child, etc.
• Communicate a direct call to action so that the statement tells the reader exactly what action we are asking them to take • Do we want them to click on a link via ISPCAN website or ask them to sign up to a petition to show their concern on this matter? • For key partners are we asking to use their logos on the statement to show their collaboration on the statement? • Do we want them to donate money to a specific NGO that is partner of ISPCAN working to improve the situation? • Are we asking them to contact their governments, their local policy makers, or key stake holders in the regions to demand action?
• Governments – if so which ones and for what purpose • NGO’s and Civil Societies • The media • Key Partners and Stakeholders in this issue
What partners do we involve and what specific role do we want them to play?
• Use of their signatures and logo’s • To release our statements within their networks • To create a joint statement on behalf of both organization (or multiple organizations)
Join ISPCAN Today!
You’ll receive valuable member benefits including:
- Add ISPCAN voice to your grassroots campaigns
- Access to the Member Connect Platform
- Discounted registration to ISPCAN Congresses
- Access to the extensive ISPCAN research library